5.25.2010

steeple guide me

As far as the story behind my blog title (steeple guide me) is concerned, it's actually a lyric from one of my favorite songs, 33, by Smashing Pumpkins.
Here are the lyrics:

Speak to me in a language I can hear
Humor me before I have to go

Deep in thought, I forgive everyone
As the cluttered streets greet me once again

I know I can't be late
Supper's waiting on the table

Tomorrow's just an excuse away
So I pull my collar up and face the cold

On my own

The earth laughs beneath my heavy feet
At the blasphemy in my old jangly walk

Steeple guide me to my heart and home
The sun is out and up and down again

I know I'll make it
Love can last forever
Graceful swans of never
Topple to the earth
And you

Can make it last forever, you
Can make it last forever, you
Can make it last

And for a moment I lose myself
Wrapped up in the pleasures of the world

I've journeyed here and there and back again
But in the same old haunts I still find my friends

Mysteries not ready to reveal
Sympathies I'm ready to return

I'll make the effort
Love can last forever
Graceful swans of never
Topple to the earth
Tomorrow's just an excuse
Tomorrow's just an excuse and you
Can make it last, forever you

Pretty, no? I chose that particular line as my blog title because it spoke to me on a personal level. As a Christ follower, I use God's Word to guide me through the ins and outs of life. Therefore it was only appropriate that my blog title reflected some of that.

In other news, I've been avoiding the blog. Mostly because my husband has been hogging the laptop while he works on his book (!) but also because I haven't run in three weeks and have been so bummed about that. The arch in my left foot has been hurting for a few months now. I've been ignoring it for just as long. All the symptoms point to plantar fasciitis. I'm sure my cheap running shoes contributed to this injury but my husband theorized that it could have something to do with my ankle sprain back in October. Whatever it is, I'm not pleased. I plan to buy better quality shoes next week and see how I fare when I hit the pavement again.

This weekend, we finally got around to landscaping our front yard. For less than $50, too!
left side - before

left side - after

right side - before
 right side- after
 
Obviously, we still need to add more flowers but we're taking our time. 

That's about all the updates I have for now. I'm sure I'll be back sometime after the long weekend. My two brothers in law and their wife & girlfriend are staying with us. Should be fun!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP