5.17.2010

i'm not a food blogger

Look at these pictures. Do they make my meals look appetizing? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I made the above last week. It's Corn and Quinoa Chowder. I found the recipe on vegetariantimes.com. It was a bit spicy but hearty and filling. My only complaint is that it lacked flavor. So I added some parmesan cheese and garlic powder. I'd give it a 5/10. This was my first time cooking with quinoa so I'm on the look out for more interesting & tastier recipes.


Avocado & Sprouts sandwich

The next night I made my famous Avocado & Sprouts sandwich w/ a side of small roasted potatoes. According to legend, I once ate a&s sandwiches five days in a row. Here's the rundown:

2 slices of toasted ww bread
slice of provolone cheese
small handful of sprouts
fresh spinach
mustard
sliced avocado

Black Bean Burger

 
Tonight I made black bean burgers w/ a side of lemon garlic green beans. This is my favorite home-made veggie burger. The creamy mashed beans combined with a hint of lemon make this burger a winner. Not to mention that it's a cheap 10 mins meal.



1 C black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 C fresh spinach
2 Tbsp. whole wheat pastry (or regular) flour
1 small garlic clove
1/2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. chili powder
Juice from half a lemon


Combine and form into 2 patties. Heat oil in skillet over medium low heat. Cook for 10 mins turning every once in a while.

(picture: google)

In non-food related news, the husband and I decided to hit up Disney on Saturday. We have passes that we have to use up by the end of May so I dragged myself out of bed at 7 am. That's a lie. I was up at 7 am because I was too excited to sleep. We decided to go to Magic Kingdom since it had been a while since either of us had been there. I sat in the front seat of the first car in Space Mountain and I can't even begin to describe the fear of being struck in the face by an unseen object rush. It was exhilarating. I should sit in the "first car" of roller coasters more often. By 1 pm, it was friggin HOT though. Thankfully, we fast-passed our way onto all the major rides and didn't waste any time waiting in unnecessary lines. And by the beard of zeus, there were SO many people. My husband kept remarking about this in disbelief. I told him that the parks will always be full. It doesn't matter if there are threats of terrorism or an asteroid is on the way. Disney will always hold at least 500,000* people at any given time (*source: me).

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP