6.16.2010

memorial weekend


Yikes, I haven't blogged in weeks. June has been quite eventful so far but let's talk about May. We saw the month off with a weekend of fun with friends & family. Memorial weekend was just that, memorable!

There was plenty of Rock Band. My husband is quite the entertainer.

Here he is with his youngest brother.
At one point, I turned around to find him pouring hot candle wax down the kitchen sink. Yeah. HOT CANDLE WAX. Not sure what he was thinking but I still love him.

Here he is on a different night.

There was backyard football.




We took family portraits

We stayed up past 2 a.m. playing the most ridiculously fun card games including "BS" which I renamed baloney (or bologna for you grammar nerds) and a pretty intense version of Uno. We also played a competitive game that involved five spoons. I've never laughed so hard.


We walked around downtown Disney.


And we ended our glorious weekend with a SLIP N SLIDE. Yes, we are five years old. We don't have a pool yet and won't be able to afford one for a while so we opted for a more economical way to cool off in the heat.
It didn't look as...safe....as I remembered. In fact, I bruised and bloodied my hip because I was too scared to do a full dive. Lame!
The brothers of course turned it into a competition of who can slide the fastest or furthest or something equally ridiculous. Funny to watch.





It felt good to enjoy the outdoors. Away from the lure of t.v.'s, computers and video games. All in all, it was one of the most fun weekends I've had in a long time.

That's as big of an update as I can muster up. There's a lot more going on in our household but I'll save that for a later post. God is leading us down a new and interesting path. The uncertainty of this new venture is something that I'm struggling with. My faith has always been firm but lately I feel like the disciples on that rocky boat, being buffeted by the rough waves. Thankfully for me, the Lord is greater than my fears and He has great plans for our family.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out: "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," He said, "why did you doubt?" - Matthew 14:29

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP