5.17.2010

fun facts

Since I intend to use this blog as an electronic time capsule for my kids (I'm mostly kidding), I thought it would be fun to list some interesting facts about me before I forget them.


- At the tender age of 6, I had surgery to remove a hernia. The story about how I came to develop said hernia is legendary in my family. You wouldn't believe me if I told you. It involved a bottle of "deadly" shampoo and me believing that my mother and grandmother were trying to murder me. Seriously. It's hilariously sad and embarrassing. Maybe one day I'll work up the courage to post it. And, no, they weren't really trying to kill me.



- I am a huge johnny cash fan. So huge, in fact, that on my wedding day, I walked down the aisle (post ceremony) to Ring of Fire and cut the cake to Jackson. During the latter song, my semi drunk great aunt and her fraternal twin brother danced up quite a storm. My mom had to pull her off the dance floor. See below...



(picture: google)

- I surf! Learned in Hawaii when I was 17. It's exhilarating and not to mention a great work out.


- When my husband and I are on road trips, we often have Australian accent competitions. This can last for hours.


- I've been on 4-5 cruise ship vacations but was unable to enjoy the last two out of fear of a rogue wave slamming into the ship and sinking us, Poseidon style.  See item # 1 in this post for proof that I still have the thought processes of a six year old.


What about you? Any interesting quirks you care to share?

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP